Thursday, April 9, 2009

IN-N-OUT

OUT: Elder Lindsay, Elder Zurcher, Elder Cradic, Motra Neil (me), Elder Kramer, and Elder Smith.



N-IN: l. to. r. zig-zag: Elder Allen, Elder Smedley, Elder Fisher, Elder Scadden, Elder Hagen, Elder Hixon, Sister Larson.

Well, really it's OUT-N-IN, the BIG transfer week. It happens only four times a year in our small mission, in January, April, July, and October. This week we lost six outstanding missionaries and gained seven. I'm standing in for Sister Rose here, who was with the other sister missionaries at a farewell lunch and couldn't come to the monument with us. Busy week. Lots of meals, lots of laundry, lots of interviews for the President. Sad to see 'em go. Glad to see 'em come. I'm grateful for a small mission. It would be hard to do this every six weeks!

5 comments:

Grandma & Pop-pop said...

Well, Sister Neil, I mistook you at first for one of the young sister missionaries! You are looking GREAT! Missions must run time backwards :)

Love,

Ginger

Liz said...

Oh Ginger, you made my day. I'm feeling old and tired and having lots of shoulder pain, and that definitely lifted my spirits.

Weight Family said...

love to hear your missionary moments on your blog. it lifts my day! love, charlotte

John said...

seriously mom...you look great!

Anonymous said...

Amen to the rest (about how Liz looks), and best of all, to how you write about your service and adventures. 'Glad your shoulder is getting gradually better--'am amazed at all you accomplish, despite that (royal) pain--'hope it's gone soon!

Love, Sherlene